Address: 39, rue Chemin Vidot l'Abondance , 97470 Saint-Benoit
Do you like good food and love new flavours? But above all, would you like to spend a pleasant day in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere? Then this day is made for you!
Go and discover the Creole cooking of Reunion and make dishes from days gone by full of authentic local flavours.
• 8am: Meet at La Sirandane. Welcome by Daniel, the owner of this magnificent house.
• The day starts with a typical breakfast consisting of fried rice ("risofé") and "ek saucisses pété" served with home roasted coffee.
• Around 9:30: Start of the cookery workshops: everyone follows Daniel's recommendations and advice. We sort, we cut, we mix, we season and the smells gradually take over the kitchen.
• Around 12:30pm: 100% home made lunch: a local aperitif served with freshly fried samosas to start this gourmet meal. The curries, still in the pan, are served in the traditional way, in woven palm leaf trays, in which banana leaves ("fig leaves") will be placed. And to finish this moment of chatting and sharing, a dessert and a "Ti Yapana" will be served, to end on a sweet note and aid digestion.
• After lunch, you can enjoy the swimming pool (unsupervised) or soak up the sun on the sun loungers which are provided.
• Around 3pm: end of the day
That little extra:
A real Creole meal cooked on a wood fire
A warm, friendly atmosphere, "like being at home"
Try forgotten flavours, (re)discover products from days gone by
Booking recommended 24 hours in advance
This experience takes place from Tuesday to Sunday
Guaranteed activity : minimum 2 pers / max 12 pers per visit
What to bring:
Swimsuit and towel (for those who would like to use the swimming pool).
Please note: swimming is unsupervised