Zarlor Rando Ilet à Malheur
Guided hiking tour + Overnight half-board lodgings + Lunch day 2 + transfer by 4x4
Ilet à Malheur (Islet of Grief) took its name from the times of slavery. Indeed, this islet was given its sinister name in 1829, following an attack by the men of Guichard, slave hunters who killed about forty escapees...
Before arriving in Ilet à Malheur, you’ll cross the impressive gorges of the River Bémale, pass through the "chayote" plantations and along the small streams with their still waters. Arriving at Ilet à Malheur, you’ll find its small characteristic wooden chapel, beautiful stained-glass windows and bell tower.
Its orange trees, guava wood sculptures and panoramic viewpoint are what make this islet so authentic.
Day 1 (provide your own lunch)
- Departure from the Rivière des Galets car park (transfer by 4x4) – Deux Bras
- Deux Bras – La Porte
- La Porte – Aurère
- Aurère – Ilet à Malheur (overnight in a gîte HB)
Day 2 :
- Ilet à malheur – La Plaque
- La Plaque – Ilet à Bourse
- Ilet à Bourse – Grand Place les Hauts (lunch)
- Grand Place les Hauts – Cayenne
- Cayenne – Rivière des Galets
- -Rivière des Galets – Deux Bras
- -Deux-Bras – Rivière des Galets car park (transfer by 4x4)
Recommended: picnic lunch for day 1 and snacks for the two days.
|Phone number (booking)|