Kélonia: museum tour – Open ticket
Ticket valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Kelonia: Reunion sea turtles observatory
A chance to learn something new and be amazed
Situated on the shores of the lagoon in the superb surroundings of St Leu Bay, Kélonia offers a unique experience in the company of sea turtles:
- Discoveries: Dive into the world of these mysterious marine reptiles and learn about their biological secrets.
- Encounters: Old objects, sculptures and dioramas are used to illustrate the turtle’s place in human society over time and from place to place.
- The future: interactive multimedia and terminals enable visitors to think about the ways we can reconcile the development of human society with the preservation of turtles and their habitats.
The Scientific hub: Kélonia is involved in various programmes to study and preserve sea turtles and their habitats in Reunion and the Indian Ocean, made possible by partnerships with other teams in the region, particularly in Madagascar, the Comoros and the Seychelles. The treatment centre exists to help injured and sick turtles, caring for them before releasing them back into the sea. The turtles are routinely sponsored by school students.
The Kelonia shop showcases a wide range of local handicrafts and responsible trade products. Its sells a unique selection of sea turtle-related items and Reunion Island souvenirs.
Food and drink: le Kiosk à jus juice bar is open every day from 10am until 5.30pm, except on Fridays, and sells freshly prepared fruit cocktails and snacks, in the shade of palm trees.
- Open Monday to Sunday from 9am until 6pm (ticket office closes at 5pm). Audio guides are available in English, Spanish, German and French for the visually impaired
- The site has disabled access, with ramps, disabled toilets, disabled car parking spaces and a lift. For safety reasons, the old lime kiln (acting as a viewpoint) is not accessible to disabled visitors.
- Daily guided tours (at no extra cost) take place at 10am/11.30am/2pm/3.15pm and 4.30pm.
- Closed on 1 January, 1 May, 1 November and 25 December
- Virtual tour
- Panoramic view over St Leu Bay
- Treatment centre
- Educational visits and resources
- The juice bar
|星期一 17 12月 2018||9:00 - 17:00||Saint Leu|
|星期二 18 12月 2018||9:00 - 17:00||Saint Leu|
|星期三 19 12月 2018||9:00 - 17:00||Saint Leu|
|星期四 20 12月 2018||9:00 - 17:00||Saint Leu|
|星期五 21 12月 2018||9:00 - 17:00||Saint Leu|
|星期六 22 12月 2018||9:00 - 17:00||Saint Leu|
|星期日 23 12月 2018||9:00 - 17:00||Saint Leu|
|星期三 26 12月 2018||9:00 - 17:00||Saint Leu|
|星期四 27 12月 2018||9:00 - 17:00||Saint Leu|
|星期五 28 12月 2018||9:00 - 17:00||Saint Leu|
|星期六 29 12月 2018||9:00 - 17:00||Saint Leu|
|星期日 30 12月 2018||9:00 - 17:00||Saint Leu|
|Street address 1|
|46 rue du Général de Gaulle|
|Phone number (booking)|