This adventure from the Southern Reunion Island Tourist Office promises to be an unforgettable experience: an oxcart ride, which takes in a visit to the "Saga du Rhum" museum and includes cane juice and rum tasting and a Creole picnic in the museum garden.
- Sandy, our driver, meets you near a sugar cane field in Saint-Pierre. Once settled in the cart, you wander through the fields for about 2 hours until you get to Saga.
- You will see how Sandy speaks to and directs his two magnificent local oxen, a typical Reunion breed. He's full of tales about training his animals and he'll show you how the cane growers spend their days.
- Along the way you'll stop for photos, taste a piece of freshly cut sugar cane and watch the oxen team being yoked together. You will also learn about the best technique for cutting cane.
- Once back on the cart, you will be taken to Saga du Rhum where a one hour guided tour awaits you.
- When you reach the museum gardens you will be served a refreshing cane juice pressed before your eyes with a "fangourin" mill. The tour includes a short rum tasting opportunity.
- Then you will have a picnic in the museum garden. This will include typical Creole products.
- Another hour in the cart sees you back at your vehicle around 3pm.
- Tour starts at: 8am - Duration: 7 hours
- Meet at ZAC Canabady, Saint-Pierre
What to bring: hat or cap, casual dress, sun cream, water bottle, sunglasses.
|星期三 30 10月 2019||8:00 - 15:00||Saint-Pierre|
|星期三 6 11月 2019||8:00 - 15:00||Saint-Pierre|
|星期三 13 11月 2019||8:00 - 15:00||Saint-Pierre|
|星期三 20 11月 2019||8:00 - 15:00||Saint-Pierre|
|星期三 27 11月 2019||8:00 - 15:00||Saint-Pierre|
|星期三 4 12月 2019||8:00 - 15:00||Saint-Pierre|
|Phone number (booking)|